9/18/11

Gypsy

Gypsy, n. One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life.

2011 has been the best year of my life. My eight month, post college, travel hiatus was.. there are no words. I didn't know how much I needed to travel until I did it. I learned lessons you can't go to school to learn and would never know you needed. I saw amazing things for the first time like our nation's capital which tangibly echoed our heritage. Another highlight was my first visit to the magical, Western counterpart of the place where I spend the majority of my time. [Sleeping beauty castle has a place in my heart and I appropriately nicknamed it "Little Pinky"]
I don't really know what the goal of my travels was.. Maybe to take a break, to "find" myself, to experience new things, to have fun.. Whatever it was--mission accomplished. Along the way, special friendships grew and flourished like beautiful vines.
I'm now in a new town, just far enough from home where I can be my own person but voyage home if I need stepdaddy's breakfast one weekend. I'm extremely blessed and humbled by the life I live and graciously accepting this next chapter of life.. whatever it may be..

No comments:

Post a Comment

x0x0,
N