6/17/11

I'm all signed up uh huh huh

Did you see what I did there with the Elvis song in the title? No, people, the bad jokes never end. :)

I finally signed up for the races I've been planning!

The Disney Wine & Dine half marathon is in October and is my very favorite race of the year. I am a night runner so I love that it starts at 10pm. I also love the food theming, the medal, and the weather during that time of year. Despite being crowded with long lines for food I still really enjoyed the post-race party last because like 30 of my friends showed up and surprised me at the finish line. I felt so loved. I tweeted pics while I ran this race and had a blast. I wanted to sub 2:30 and finished in...2:30:48! I've since reached my sub 2:30 half goal and will take it up a notch for this race this year.

[After my glorious finish with the Granny iPhone..RIP GIP]

I also singed up for.. The Goofy Challenge! This is one of the most hard core running events out there. It includes doing a half on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday. But wait there's more! My crazy friends and I have decided to add the 5K on Friday to the mix totaling 42.4 miles in 3 days. All of us doing these 3 races are referring to it as.. The Dopey. We must be a little dopey for taking this on!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Good luck with the races!! I'll be in Disney that week... I hope I "run" into you... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your crazy friends... ;) What are we thinking!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! You found some real beauties!

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N