5/10/11

Texas trip day 2

Texas trip day 2

The next day I woke up and got ready in Disneyfied fashion
[this family is pixie dusted]
and we went to a bakery downtown for breakfast. The cookies and cream cupcake I had was delish. We headed back to the school but a different campus this time. I hung out with our friend who is the dance teacher there and we watched highlights of So You Think You Can Dance. It was great! I love viewing art with other artists.

Then we went to Mimi's cafe or lunch which I had been dying to try! Yummo. The outlets were calling our name so shopping was in order and I scored some cute stuff on the cheap. I got a great dress for Easter too! (Pics in later post..)
Later that day we headed to San Antonio to meet up with the other families we would be spending the weekend with. It was great to be reunited with some of the greatest friends I have: Lea & Ryan and Jim & Tracey and all their wonderful kiddos.
[Little Jack! <3]
We enjoyed dinner at the Alamo Cafe, despite less than fabulous service.
[Charles playing with Jack while Vanessa supervises]
[The whole gang minus me]
I love spending time with this group of friends because when we get together it's always a blast just to sit and chat. We have so many memories and stories and inside jokes and it's always a hoot to relive them. Wait--did I just refer to something as "a hoot"? Man, I'm getting old. Anywho it was early to bed to get a goodnight sleep for Six Flags Fiesta Texas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time (how can you not when you're around?). Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N