4/13/11

Rambling about life


As I type this blog I'm simultaneously cooking a stir-fry and drinking a glass of wine. I like my blog posts to come across as if I were talking to an old friend so I thought I'd just ramble a bit.

--stirs stir fry--

Life is really good right now. I'm an extreme over-achiever, at least I can admit it, and like I predicted I have already abandoned my "post-college break." I said I was taking 6 months after graduation to relax, travel, go through my stuff and down-size, think about what I wanted to with my life, etc. I'm on month four and I'm already making work plans. I've researched and been in contact about a couple of different jobs and even went to an acting audition. [Some break.] But now I really went and did it..

--sips wine--

I signed up for a class at my old junior college today. Yep. A dance one. I couldn't help it. I have been dying a little bit inside from not dancing. The thing I've missed the most is the space. I mean a studio. Choreographing, or Coleographing as I made up today, is such an important part of my life and while I'm constantly doing it in my head I really needed to start in real life again.

--lowers burner to low heat--

The next month is going to be absolutely cray cray. This weekend I'm going to Disney and have a jam packed weekend of stuff to do and people to see and am SO amped to go celebrate an aMaZiNg friend of mine's birthday. Her name is Shelley. The next weekend, Easter weekend, I go to visit some of the most special people God has put in my life in Texas. The weekend after that stepdaddy, my sister & me take on Vegas to celebrate stepdaddy's 60th birthday. We're catching a red-eye home and then staying at the Grand Floridian. SQUEEEE for that. :) Then the weekend after that I am running the Everest 5K at (go figure) Disney. So what? The majority of my social life is at the happiest place on earth. I'm owning and loving it.

--gets plates out for dinner--

I can't believe I wrote stage directions in this blog post.. anyway just wanted to share that life is great. I'm really inspired to be dancing again. Will be looking for jobs and like I planned to do -- traveling.

Thanks for stopping by and I want to leave you with this quote by my friend in hopes of inspiring you:

"The biggest thing in your way is you and not learning from your failures."

x0,
N

5 comments:

  1. Tushy I love you! And admire you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gift and definitely need to put it to good use! I remember my mom standing in her ballet studio choreographing steps in her head and thinking how amazing it was that she could just SEE the steps in her mind as the music played. I can't wait to see where the future takes you, I'm honored to be able to witness the ride! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog post. I'm so glad you're in a really great spot in your life right now. I haven't known you very long (only since my rebirth on twitter) But you're such a go-getter and you have an amazing personality.

    I hope things continue this way and get even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to one day have your clarity and perspective. You are way ahead of the curve miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with everyone else's comments - they said it much better than I could have.

    You're an amazing person and I'm so glad you're in my life. The way you look at things, your excitement, determination and warmness are all things I greatly admire. Safe travels on all of your journeys! Hope our paths cross again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N