3/30/11

DC trip part:2

We continued our day on Friday by making our way down the National Mall. What a fabulous area. I was really looking forward to seeing the Reflection Pond between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial but it was under construction and looked more like the Reflection Puddle. haha.
Washington Monument. I definitely want to reserve a time to go inside to the top next time.
Lincoln Memorial. I was familiar with this from Night at The Museum 2 I think.
What an amazing place to visit! I loved the quotes of Abe on the walls.
Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his I Have a Dream speech on these steps out front. How monumental. [pun intended]
The next morning was the race so we headed home early, got set up and attempted to watch the movie Mr. Smith Goes to Washington with Jimmy Stewart. Of course I fell asleep a few minutes in..

1 comment:

x0x0,
N