6/1/10

Endorphins! Endorphins! My first group run.

I went for my first group run at my local civic center this evening...it was amazing!!! I am usually a solo runner. I've actually only run with others a handful of times besides races. I've heard about pacing with other runners but never get a chance to do it. Well I sure did tonight! When I got there, there were only about 8ish people. Some came every run, some were newbies. There were people of every speed there.

We started and did a course that had us do 2 laps equalling 2.5 miles...yay! That is the most I've done in a while! I paced with the group leader and finished in 26:57! My pace was 10:24--I'm pretty happy about that. I usually struggle with keeping the pace up but I really pushed myself while running with someone else. I can feel those hammies now! Wooo they are burning and tomorrow is definitely going to be a rest day for this little runner.

The best part is this running group meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month! The even BESTER part (can you tell I'm tired?) is that the group leader runs in the mornings on the Tuesdays that the group doesn't meet and invited me to join. :-D She was so sweet! She's a trainer/fitness instructor at the gym at the civic center and I really enjoyed her company on the run.

Now I feel amazing. That after-a-hard-run feeling when you're sore and feel accomplished. Yeaaaa, bask in it.

I signed up for the Run, Courtney, Run virtual race this weekend. I hope you will too! It benefits Team In Training. Check it out HERE.

3 comments:

  1. glad you were able to pace during the group run :) our running group around here doesn't have anyone my speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your group run! and way to go for signing up for courtney's virtual race!
    if you love all of this you should join tnt!
    check them out in your area www.teamintraining.org :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you with the pace group! I'm (inexplicably) shy about joining one. I feel like a fish out of water. I'm sure I'll get over that one day.

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N