5/15/10

Me update

Wow I've been slacking in the blogosphere. I'm having a few small surgeries Monday and I look forward to catching up on my bloggers when I'm resting for the 2 weeks after.

Runner Ramblings
I was doing pretty good at reaching my goal of 250 miles by June 30th. Then I went to Disney and didn't run..and haven't run since I've gotten back..oops. I'm taking a break till after I recover from surgery. I have been thinking about running the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon on October 1st though. There's also another half on Halloween in my home town for, get this, only $20!! Well that's how much this website said it was last year and I assume it will be about the same. Score! That will be 2 halfs in one month! I think it's a good idea considering I'm planning on the WDW Marathon in Jan. and I should be getting those long runs in towards the end of the year.

Summer Jobs
I had been waiting to hear back from a few potential employers. If you don't already know I am a performing artist, singer, dancer, actor, writer, choreographer, etc. These jobs were either teaching and/or choreographing at Summer drama camps for kids. Well I hadn't heard back from either of them thus far and had considered them not happening. Until last night! I got an email from one of the coordinators asking if I would still be available for a 2 week special needs camp and a DISNEY camp...ummm YES!!! The special needs camp will be a challenge I'm sure, but extremely rewarding. I have taught every age group and have had an autistic student before but never have I worked with all special needs kids. I'm an education minor in college so I have a nice little tool box of skills that I'm sure I will be using. My heart is so big for those who live with these needs and I look forward to providing an enriching experience for them.

My Crazy Life
Okay people we're making a gear change. I'm just going to be really blunt and put this out there. My mom is an alcoholic. A HUGE one. So bad that she has been divorced and lost her job (and remains jobless) because of it. I'm not going into extreme detail but I just want to say that recently she has hit extreme bottom, losing her grasp on reality and dropping to a very unhealthy weight among others things. Yes people have addictions they can live with and function as a normal person in society. She did that for a while. Like 20 or so years. Now she's past that and the end is near because she can't go on like this anymore. I hope that the end is something that will bring her to recovery and a new life. She's reckless, erratic, and seems to be losing it mentally. A few years ago God showed me a picture of my mom as a beautiful Christian woman. She was in a dress, smiling, looking like a healthy, loving mom..something she has never really been. As of now some other family members and I are gathering information to have her taken to rehab and assessed. If this attempt doesn't work I will have to remove her from my life for a while. It's too much for me. Please pray for her if it is in your nature. And PS- this is in no way an attempt for you to feel bad for me so please don't. I just really needed to get this out. I'm doing fine and will love and enjoy my life despite what those around me decide to do with theirs.

Like I said I'm having 3 small surgeries Monday. I'll be left with just a few stitches on each spot. I have my beautiful best friend and her husband who will take me there and home. They are the best! So blessed to have them in my life.

As you can see there are a lot of ups and downs going on with me right now. Just gotta stand tall and keep my faith strong.

Happy Summer!



5 comments:

  1. oh dear, I'm sorry about your mom. I can't imagine those difficult decisions; let's hope she wants to get herself some help. I know that's usually the biggest problem is denial. I'll be praying for her (and you). And I'll be praying for your surgeries - that's a lot to take in in one summer. The camp sounds wonderful, though. I think your heart is big enough to do it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u! Your prayers are much appreciated! Yes it's a lot for one summer but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. It could always be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are one of the bravest people that I (will) have met. I don't know what God's plan is for you but I'll pray for you and your mom. I am certain though that you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you and your mom. Hope the surgeries go well and that you have a quick recovery. Awesome about the halfs. I am planning on Wine and Dine next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ladies for your kind encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N