5/31/10

Back in the game


I felt the visual of a tiara was necessary because I'm feeling like a princess this morning :) I'm sohappy that I got to run today and yesterday! I did 1 mile yesterday and 2 today. Both runs were a little rough but I expected that because I did a whole lot of laying around right after my surgeries. My pace was somewhere in the 11:00 minute range but I'm just glad to be running again!

I've been eating healthier and it feels so good! Here are some of my favorite yummy, Summer, healthy snacks:

Cabot Vanilla bean Greek Yogurt with Raspberries & Blueberries.
Cabot is the brand they have at my store and I really like it. The texture is different from regular yogurt but the benefits are greater. This one had a about 1/3 of the amount of protein needed daily! Raspberries and blueberries are always so good in the Summer and I can see the difference they make in my skin too.

Apples
A classic, delicious fruit. I love the ones that are both red and yellow.

Apple sauce
It's so refreshing when it's hot out!

Ice cream
Okay this one is far from healthy but I love ice cream cones in the Summer. If you get the little sugar cones then you can only fit 2 small scoops of ice cream and that helps with portion control.




Now it's time for a little at home spa treatment. I'm taking a bath with a Lush bath bomb and some candles and then I'm going to curl my hair Kardashian style ;)

Happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're out there running!! :) Now go pamper yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable. :) Ice cream isn't all that bad; they do have the fat/oils part of the food pyramid :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must be thrilled to be back at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, Cabot greek yogurt! Glad to hear that you like it :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete

x0x0,
N